Wednesday, April 7, 2010
AHDC Lifetime Achievement Awards
Every year the Arts and Heritage Development Council recognizes individuals who have made substantial contributions to the artistic and historical cultural life of Clarksville and Montgomery County. This page contains a nomination form along with information on how to nominate an area resident for one of these prestigious awards.
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
The Arts and Heritage Development Council Life-time Achievement awards were established in 2006 to recognize individuals who have made significant contributions to the cultural life of Montgomery County, either through the arts or through historical observances. The 2011 awards will be presented in Clarksville at the annual fall meeting of the membership of the AHDC.
Life-time Achievement in the Arts Award
To recognize artists, arts scholars, patrons or promoters who have made outstanding contributions to the artistic and cultural life of Clarksville, Tennessee. The award is intended to honor long-term achievements in supporting or participating in activities which foster excellence in, appreciation of, or access to the arts in Montgomery County.
Life-time Achievement in Heritage Award
To recognize individuals who have made outstanding contributions to our understanding, preservation, and appreciation of our historical heritage in Clarksville, Tennessee. The award is intended to honor long-term achievements in discovering, preserving, and passing on Montgomery County’s unique history and the accomplishments of its earlier citizens.
- Only organizations, businesses or individuals from within Montgomery County may nominate.
- A candidate for an AHDC Award must be an individual living in or with close ties to Montgomery County.
- Recipients are nominated to the Arts and Heritage Development Council Board of Directors, which coordinates the nomination and selection process. Prior recipients are not eligible for the 2011 or future AHDC Life-time Achievement Awards.
- Nominations must be received by the Arts and Development Council no later than 4:30pm on Thursday, September 15, 2011. Late nominations will be returned.
- Please print and fill out the nomination form below, and attach a one-page summary of why you believe this individual should receive the award.